Thursday, January 31, 2013

Heilbronn: January 28, 2013


Note: I have posted three weeks of emails at one time here, so be sure to look down and read all of them.

Dearest Fam-bam,
Well you have probably noticed that it is a little later than usual, but don't worry, I can explain. We went to Stuttgart today to play basketball with a few other areas in the Zone, which was a lot of fun. Literally the first time I have played basketball in about 8 months, haha. We played for about 2 and a half hours, and we had to ride trains for about an hour and a half, but I still think it was worth it. Anyway, but after we played the Elder Buck started to feel really sick and dizzy, so we went home and he slept for a while. Our mission president is really adamant that we email every week, and so we are emailing, although it is already 8!
Anyway, YES. I RECEIVED THE LETTER WITH THE PICTURES. THEY WERE GREAT: I SHOWED THEM TO MY WHOLE DISTRICT THE NEXT DAY. AND TO EVERY MEMBER THAT WE HAVE GONE TOO SINCE THEN. NO: I DON'T HAVE ANY RECIPES TO ADD YET. I WILL TRY TO FIND SOME, BUT I CAN'T GUARRANTEE ANYTHING.
We had a really good week though. We had just a ton of appointments the whole week, and we almost broke my record for 6 lessons in one week, haha. I hope that sometime during my mission I can break that record, it's been following me for too long. We had an appointment with Sven this week, and it was really great, just like normal. He told us that before he goes into his therapy program, he wants us to give him a blessing. Not 'the missionaries', rather us. It's great, he was also telling us how it would be great if we can be here for his baptism. I'm so stoked for him! I think his two daughters will be eventually baptized too. Sven reads in the scriptures every night with the one daughter who lives with him. I heard him telling a member on Sunday how he just loves the Book of Mormon, he said, I just think it's great, such a great book. I could only agree! Yeah, Sven is just the greatest, he makes me so happy. It is just great to see someone really coming closer to Jesus Christ and to be priviliged to be a part of that change is just amazing.
But yeah, we have been trying to work more with the less actives in our ward, and so we had quite a few more lessons with them, and we were always able to bring another member with us, and so we hope to be able to help some of them come back to Church.
This branch is so great. I love them so much! We still go almost ever Monday to this family, Rukasz, to eat and have Family Night, and besides that we sometimes have one more eating appointment during the week. But the ward loves us, and I really feel like I'm a part of the ward. This last week, (or was it the week before?) we went to an appointment with this guy, Brother Lichner, who is the High Councilor for Missionary Work, and after he told us that we should call his wife, and tell her that he wasn't actually there. Brother Lichner is hilarious, he's like 6'8, and he just loves bothering his wife, and telling jokes and stuff. And so we called her, and she was super worried, and then we felt really bad, and told her that her husband had made us do it, and when we talked to him on Sunday, he told us that she was really mad at him when he got home. Which of course made him happy, haha.
This week you can pray for the Janotta, specifically Phillip Janotta. He's like 25, a hipster, and his wife is a member. They invited us over on Tuesday night, and we are going to invite him to learn more about the Church, and we really hope he will become an investigator.
We met with Sargon again, but we haven't felt there has been real progress. We just got him a Book of Mormon in Arabic, and we should be meeting with him next week again. Ok, my time is up, I love you all and yeah, the Gospel is true!
Love,
Elder Merkley

No comments:

Post a Comment