Thursday, January 31, 2013

Heilbronn: January 21, 2013


Dearest Fam-bam,

 
So this week was pretty good, although it was really cold... What wasn't so much fun was that just like most of these other weeks where we have had a ton of appointments, the most of them fell out.

We did find one new investigator however, his name is Sargon and is from Iraq. Still not sure how much real potential he has. He is in Germany because he is Christian, and being Christian in Iraq is not the best thing that you can do... But yeah, we gave him a soft baptismal commitment, so if he finds out that this is true then he will be baptized.
Sven did come to Church again, and yeah, this guy is just so cool. We actually went by on him earlier in this week, because we were in the area, it was like 27 degrees or something like that, and we had been dooring for like an hour and a half. Those three things together combined and we swung by on him to just see how he was doing. He loves it when we come by, and he just said, Ahh, you guys have perfect timing, I was just about to cook! And then he made us dinner, which was great. Sven has actually owned a restaurant at one point, and he was also the cook there, and so he cooks really well. But yeah, on Sunday he was kind of grumbling, because he has to bring a bag with him to church now. He has so many books that he can't just carry them with him anymore, haha. He has his Book of Mormon, Bible, small pamphlet about the Doctrine and Covenants, and then one of the Teaching of the Prophets books. He is just one of the regulars in Church now, and he is really already a p of the ward.
Our appointment with Bashir was cancelled this week, because he had to go into Stuttgart on the day where we were supposed to meet with him. He didn't come to Church this Sunday, but we are hoping to be able to meet with him during this week and hopefully he will be able to come next week.
I got a...card from the Chicago Merkleys. I am a little hesitant to call it a Christmas card, seeing as I got it today, the 21st of January. Maybe calling it New Years is better? I don't know, but it was a nice little card, and I really enjoyed the very well written poem, haha. I didn't even know that Cameron and Lucy got engaged, maybe someone had told me that at some point, but if I had heard it I definitely forgot.
This week it snowed for two days straight, and has been pretty cold. Well, I think it has been pretty cold, although it is still unseasonably warm for this time of year, with temperatures averaging in the high 20s. I actually will buy boots today I think, because with my bad circulation and the hours we spend dooring, my feet have almost frozen. And I found out last year when I was at BYU, I hate cold feet, and I didn't even have to walk around outside all the time, haha.

I don't think I need anything from home, but I'll let you know if I think of anything.

Anyway, I love you all, thanks for all your prayers
Love you!
Elder Andy Merkley

No comments:

Post a Comment