Monday, September 23, 2013

Passau: September 23, 2013



Dearest Fam-bam,

First off, I'm glad you received my letter, Mother, and I'm glad that my improved handwriting impressed you, because I have been working on that for the last couple of months. It is still not as good as I want it, but I'm not going to give up until it is very neat.

When is Dad going to Munich, and for how long? Could he potentially bring some of that gel that I like (you can ask Daniel what kind that is), and send it to me while he is here? Post is pretty inexpensive within Germany, and I wasn't sure that it could be shipped international, because it could potentially look like something kind of sketchy.

The missionary work went alright this week. Unfortunately I didn't have any flashes of inspiration like I did with the zucchini. I'm going to keep trying to find new and creative ways of finding people, and I'll let you know if I come up with anything else that works. Oh, and Mom, it was nothing special that I made with the Zucchini, it was just a way to cook it. I essentially just put some oil in a pan and then cooked them with other vegetables, and then made a sauce to put on top of it all. It was pretty tasty. Oh, but, I do have a really awesome recipe that you need to try. It's no-bake cookies, but instead of putting in three tablespoons of cocoa, try putting in a cup of peanut butter after you boil it. They are some of the most delicious cookies I have ever had the pleasure of eating.

My relationship with Elder Barker is still good. My patience was super tested this week, I knew I shouldn't have started praying for something like that, because then God gives me all sorts of situations to work on it! 

Ok, cool story. Do you remember that man who answered the door in his underwear, and then the next day the Sisters doored into him too? We visited him again this week, and he became an investigator!  We invited him to be baptized, because he told us that he knows without a doubt that the Book of Mormon is true, but he said that he wants to talk a little bit more about what the consequences of baptism are. I am unsure if he really is as Golden as it sounds, because he is a little crazy sometimes, but we have an appointment with him on Tuesday, and we are going to focus on helping him understand what baptism really means. We hope to set a baptismal date with him this week.

Ok, I have a lot of other people to email today. i love you all!

love,
Elder Merkley

No comments:

Post a Comment